Mustard and yarrow on
golden summer hills.
Dandelion buttons
dotting the meadow.
Sunflowers open wide,
offering seed stuffed centers.
Tiger lily stamen stains.
Spring sprung daffodils.
Autumn aspen leaves
quaking in the breeze.
Winter rains slacking off
yellow slickers
This is my submission for Poets Rally.
16 comments:
"Spring sprung daffodils"They are cheering you on- as you finish your alphabet- Perfect my friend!
Only now am I looking at my blog roll and find that you were doing the A to Z Challenge from your garden blog. Your thoughts on the letter Y were wonderful. You are so talented with words. I loved the yellow slicker, dandelion buttons, and spring sprung daffodils.--Inger
very beautiful yellows.
thanks for the tickle...
Happy Rally.
yeh! a new season has begun! :)
nice imagery...enjoy the rally!
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/in-the-land-of-pretense/
very lovely -I do love poems pertaining to nature.
"Autumn aspen leaves quaking in the breeze"
Really loved the picture of yellow that you painted with this. Nice piece.
Such a beautiful nature poem with great imagery.
you made me homesick! lol
loved it!
luna
Http://lunawitch15.wordpress.com/
You have a talent for imagery. You poem made me sing and want to go outside for my morning coffee!
Iris
http://poetpost.wordpress.com
http://irisinbloom.wordpress.com
Beautiful nature poem, rich in colour...lovely.. :)
Your words are so playful. I love, "Tiger lily stamen stains. / Spring sprung daffodils."
Very clever and very yellow...a lovely verse!
Loved the yellow imagery. Dandelion buttons and aspen waves gave a very breezy feel.
Very nice flow to this piece. I thoroughly enjoyed the images you presented, as you moved from first word to last. Thanks for sharing.
Exquisite imagery =)
Love your flower poem. It made me feel like a young child picking wildflowers in the meadow!
Post a Comment