Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A-Z Challenge: The letter V

Vagabond Inn

A cheap motel
 on an anonymous hill
in a distant place.
You picked me up
in a vacant parking lot;
my head down as we sped
out of town.
Hating the hiding.
Hating the lies.
Hating the strength
of my need
for you. 

10 comments:

teri said...

Vagabond that is me.(I am visiting my son in Nashville.) I am loving your alphabet so far!! And THANK YOU for your blog love!! I will send a proper thank you after Thursday once I am home again. xo teri

Reflections said...

Outstanding finishing line! Love the depth of 'Hating the strengthof my need for you.'

Solid, vivid imagery, powerful depth.

Brian Miller said...

mmm...i feel that need...and for many vagabonds, needing anyone, is a hard realization...we all do though on some level

dustus said...

Clear bold lines to your narrative poem. Nice One Shot!

Brother Ollie said...

There is a tale.

Nice tight write!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is strong, so strong - not one extra word, and the feelings palpable, hitting hard at a place in my own memory I prefer not to go... Well done!

Caren E. Salas said...

Great imagery! I can totally picture it and almost feel the emotion too. Love it.

Anonymous said...

There is so much said here between the lines - nicely done - thank you for sharing

John (@bookdreamer) said...

ah, the push me, pull me of desire

Unknown said...

The desire and passion of forbidden fruit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...