This is also my submission for Poet's Rally this week.
Honey
Ribbons of honey drench my toast,Melting into butter and crumb;
Satisfying sweetness fills my soul.
Dipping deep into the honey jar,
Sunshine yellow, full of dripping gold;
Ribbons of honey drench my toast.
The morning sun spills across the table
Warming my skin. I am
Melting into butter and crumb.
Bird songs fill the stillness. I take
A long sip from my coffee mug and
Satisfying sweetness fills my soul.
Thanks so much for the award! -- and please check out this wonderful poem by Wolfsrosebud (my nomination for the award). I love how it captures the transition from motherhood to letting go to becoming a grandmother.
22 comments:
lovely... and thanks for visiting my blog. I will enjoy returning to yours.
You have a rhythm and flow to your work that settles in my body I like that.
jeanne/geezergirl
Your cascade is gorgeous! I just bookmarked the page so I can come back and read it during the day. It is so lovely it drew sounds from me twice! I hope you will keep the form in your repertoire.
This is a lovely comforting poem, and you used the form beautifully.
This brought a groan of borrowed contentment. Love the reinforcement of the form. I can really taste this.
Your words evoke a sweet and peaceful relaxing in me. Thanks for sharing! How beautiful your creation. Cindy
You've done a great job using this form, I could taste the honey kissed morning. You also made me hungry. :)
There is something beautifully heartwarming about this. Just lovely. :)
One word..... Yummy...both prose and subject. :)
stunning words.
words such as honey toast, melting butter, coffee...make the piece very visual and real.
perfect ending, enjoyed your treat.
:)
I'm there... honey and all. Nice write.
Such a lovely morning! I can see myself there. I can taste myself there. It is not toast, or butter, or jam. It is the fruition of me, the ripening that smells of fermentation, a decent wine. A noble pursuit.
beautiful....a perfect morning...
such a refreshing imagery ... perfect way to start the day... smooth flow and rhyme
beautiful cascade.. on of my fav poetry type :)
you make me want for one now..
My favorite honey has a hint of lime (the bees use lime blossoms) my father-in-law has bees so we get it right from the source! Delicious poem
Srumptious - I might just have this for supper . . . and again, tomorrow for breakfaAn interesting form - it reminded me of the Pantoum form but this is less complex.
'Bird songs fill the stillness, I take'
I wanted that line to read:
Bird song fills the stillness. But you've probably tried that.
Best wishes
Harry
Just lovely--I enjoyed this soothing, sweet poem and your description of the beauty of honey. Ahhh...
Cascading Poetry is great and you have done well with this one.
Thanks for sharing your Honey!
Genebrother
Lovely.
Must say, at first I thought you said the sun was wearing your skin, and I liked that too...
I love toast with honey and I loved how you portray it, so bright and beautiful.
Great poem! I really liked the imagery in the poem!
Beautiful. It is such a peaceful relaxing piece. B
Post a Comment