Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

For Brett: On His Birthday

I see your eyes teasing twinkle blue dancing light,
  or sparkle proud bright shiny wet 
    at the corners.
Your hands large, strong, busy building fences;
  and fingers thick, stiff, fish hook scarred
    with nails chewed short -
 rubbing my back and pulling me close.

Is it any wonder my heart swells
  like a tulip lifting its face to the sun
   and exploding orange red with happiness?


 

11 comments:

margo said...

You should like it! The imagery adds up to the mood of the piece and the speaker's tone is so vivid that I feel her exploding through the last three lines. Love the details about the hands, powerful.

margo

Jules said...

Ah I know the chewed nails... Lucky you! I've got hazel eyes to gaze upon. Like your color words!

booguloo said...

very nice.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

powerful....

Chèvrefeuille said...

Great poem!

jennifaye said...

awww. so sweet :)

br!nDle said...

too good...lovely...:)

Hema said...

That's very cute. Good one!

The Poet said...

Hello.
I can visualize your beautiful smile of happiness. The flowers are gorgeous.
Nicely penned!
Thanks for sharing.

No Anguish Or Pain

Elaine Danforth said...

Beautifully written imagery, from the romantic, to the earthy, to the sublime.

the wild magnolia said...

i see the rugged man
i feel the love

good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...