Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mix and Match small stone

Using a writing prompt from Poetry Tow Truck: Mix and Match clichés,


In the wilting heat
she rode
sturdy as a rose.

19 comments:

DJ Vorreyer said...

Nice mix-up. A contrast to flowers always being portrayed as delicate or fragile.

Jingle said...

compact and lovely.

:)

Maggie said...

That is clever. First time that I have heard of mixing cliches. Great idea. : )

Chim's World of Literature said...

i lik eyour small stone...

Anonymous said...

Short but sweet - a great haiku. I always though roses were sturdy flowers and not the delicate, easily destroyed blooms they're made out to be. Well done. x

Okelle said...

"sturdy as a rose" is lovely.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

I love it when a haiku flashes a picture like a subliminal message!
Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nice contrast.

Anonymous said...

Succinctly and powerfully put

teri said...

Jumping on the "sturdy as a rose" bandwagon- It really is perfect. Great to have you stop by at my place- It is good to have a bit more time to write again- hope you are well. ( I will stop over on your other blog and see what is up!) xo teri

M. A. S. said...

"Sturdy as a rose."
I really like that.

jennifaye said...

Who would have thought of "sturdy as a rose"? Genius. :)

Anonymous said...

Really nice, one of my favorites so far in the rally. Short but well written.

Unknown said...

cool ....thank you

Anonymous said...

A great haiku.
Paints a lovely picture.

Anonymous said...

nice...

smzang said...

fragile
and unforgettable
your small stone!

purpleborough said...

Well Done...the title pulls you in and the photo twists your mind with the words punctuating the thought.

Buttons Thoughts said...

I like this the contrast between delicate and fragile is the key. B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...